Porcelain Veneers Melbourne
Porcelain Veneers can transform your smile.
A porcelain veneer is a thin (approx. 1mm wide) strip of ceramic that is custom made for a tooth to enhance appearance. Veneers are safe and can often be done very conservatively with either minimal or no adjustment to the tooth underneath.
Shades and shapes can be chosen to deliver a custom designed, natural looking smile.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- Severely discoloured or stained teeth
- Chips or hairline fractures
- Root canal performed on a front tooth
- Small gaps in-between front teeth (diastema)
- Misshaped or short front teeth
The three step process
- Extended examination – To ensure every aspect is accounted for.
- Moulding appointment – Depending on the case, the tooth is either cleaned or very slightly prepared. A custom mould is then taken and sent to a cosmetic laboratory. Temporary resin veneers are bonded for just over a week until the porcelain veneers are prepared.
- Cementation – Approximately 10 days after the second stage your beautiful veneers are ready to be fitted. After the seal of approval from both patient and dentist, the veneers are cemented.