Bonded veneers are made from composite resin, a substance that is very customizable and bonds directly on to the tooth surface. Bonded veneers can usually be completed in one visit and can often dramatically improve dental appearance in a matter of hours.
The advantages of the bonded veneer are in its cost and time efficiency. New research in composite resins also means that bond strengths are now far greater than even just a few years ago.
The disadvantages of the bonded veneer are its inability to mask heavily discoloured teeth and that they are mechanically weaker than porcelain veneers.
Indications for bonded veneers:
- Small or medium sized chips
- Small gaps inbetween teeth
- Light or moderate staining
The two step process:
- Consultation and moulding appointment – To enable us to plan things out.
- Bonding appointment – Depending on the complexity of the case, a 2 or 3 hour appointment is booked to individually bond composite to your front teeth. Much of the time is spent polishing, adjusting and customising.